Guests may not be granted entry to museum and wildlife sanctuary less than an hour before closing time. Guests must leave Heard property by closing time unless prior arrangements have been made with Heard staff.
9AM - 5PM*
The Heard will open at 7:30 on the Second Saturday of the month.
*The museum closes at 5 p.m. and guests may not be granted entry after 4 p.m. Other exceptions may apply--see "special notes" section for more details.
Closed (except on special occasions if noted in the "special notes" section below).
Thanksgiving, Christmas & New Year's Day.
Open until 3PM
Day-before-Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve & New Year's Eve.
The museum will close early at 3 p.m. to the public on October 17th to prepare for Halloween at the Heard. The museum will not reopen until the special event.
We will be open:
- Monday, November 23 (9 a.m. - 5 p.m.)
- Monday, December 21 (9 a.m. - 5 p.m.)
- Monday, December 28 (9 a.m. - 5 p.m.)
- Monday, January 4 (9 a.m. - 5 p.m.)
- Monday, January 18 (9 a.m. - 5 p.m.)
- Monday, February 15 (9 a.m. - 5 p.m.)
- Monday, March 7 (9 a.m. - 5 p.m.)
- Monday, May 30 (9 a.m. - 5 p.m.)